So to continue from my last post, I am still having fun with trim and water.
I got my occasional trailer restoring side-kick, Cristina, to stain and poly a bunch of Baltic birch pieces for placement throughout Sparta, wherever a decorative edge is called for.
While she was at it, I decided to build a dividing wall between the kitchen and dining area. This partial wall will also serve to screen off the stove. Also, it emulates the original wall installed in 1957 which contained an unnecessary pass-through. I chose, instead, to create a stair-step effect.
To this braced partial wall I affixed a finished sheet of 1/8″ birch and a border of 1″ X 2″ birch.
Meanwhile my tendency to multitask (a nice way to describe my frequent shifts in attention) had me working on freshwater. As I lay in bed the other night it occurred to me my water plan was flawed. Originally I was going to have a single pump for drinking water and bathing purposes. This would have required a manual switch below the pump to pull water from either the drinking water vessel under the floor or the external rainwater storage tank. But in addition to requiring that process of flipping the switch between tanks (inconvenient), it also would have resulted in possible cross-contamination of my drinking water supply. So I decided to buy a second, smaller pump to create two independant systems.
Now I have to figure out the hot water issue. I will definitely buy an on-demand system but am debating between propane and electric. Hmmmm.